Providing services for those who experience domestic
abuse, dating violence, and sexual assault
The Bridge (formerly The Crisis Center) provides services for Individuals and families who experience domestic abuse, dating violence, and sexual assault in five counties – Burt, Cuming, Dodge, Saunders and Washington. This area covers 2,775 square miles with a population of 93,802. Through social action, we hope to promote healthy relationships based on equality, prevent and eliminate violence, and give hope for a life without abuse.
The Bridge provides:
• Safe and confidential shelter
• Women's and children’s support groups
• Crisis intervention and advocacy
• 24-hour crisis line
• Public education and awareness
All services are free, confidential, and available in Spanish.
In the past 12 months, The Bridge has:
• Sheltered 102 women with 140 children.
• Responded to 3,395 calls for assistance through our 24-hour crisis line.
• 79 individuals received crisis intervention on the scene with law enforcement.
• Utilized 43 volunteers for over 11,000 hours of service.
• Seen an increase of 46% in the number of groups attended.
• Discussed face-to-face crisis intervention and safety planning with 639 individuals.
• Provided 459 presentations to 6,429 individuals including youth in from 84 different classrooms.
If you or someone you know is feeling threatened, abused, or scared, call the 24 hour (toll free) Crisis Line at (888) 721-4340. Advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to other agencies. Assistance is available in English and Spanish.